Thursday, December 31, 2009

Engagement Pics being taken Saturday...I need some advice?

My fiance and I are having our photos retaken on Saturday.


I'm hoping the photographer will pose us...my fiance and I are a bigger couple and the last photographer didn't pose us...and we had some pretty bad pictures...we told her we didn't like them and she flipped out on us (we were NOT rude to her) she wouldn't retake them...she called me and my fiance fat and wrote a bunch of nasty things about us on her myspace blog (she was forced to take them down)...





We found a GREAT photographer she's done great work, but Jason and I are still a little nervous as we were burned pretty bad...so i mean, what are some good poses for some bigger people? He's also 6 foot and im 5'2''Engagement Pics being taken Saturday...I need some advice?
hi, sorry about your bad experience. A truly professional photographer would be more sensitive about these sort of things.





Anyway, don't reinvent the wheel. Do some research of how talented, better photographers have done things. Visit some photography sites and download or bookmark photos you like. It will take time, but if you're paying for a pro--then I think this is time well-spent.





Show these to your photographer to give her a better sense of your tastes. Be open with her about your concerns from the last time and in general about the portraits.





Wish you the best!Engagement Pics being taken Saturday...I need some advice?
https://www.searsphotos.com/view_shared_鈥?/a>





Here are my engagement pics. Some are better than others. We did ours in a sears studio.
Have a trusted friend who is good at this sort of thing go with you, someone who will run in and fix a stray strand of hair or adjust a shirt that is twisted or advise you to wipe the lipstick off your teeth. You can't expect a photographer to make you look like supermodels, but you should demand something that reflects how you look when at your best in real life. An excellent photographer will make you look BETTER than real life. Even Cindy Crawfort and Kate Moss have airbrushing and other touchups done to their final photo; I have invested in this been very pleased with the results. Usually darker, solid color, very plain clothes work best. Make sure the colors harmonize; for instance, you don't want to wear a blue mock turtle while your groom wears some clashing shade of green. Wear fabrics that are matte, not shiny and shimmery.
Because of the height difference, have him sit while you stand. And have the pictures taken at an angle to cut down on the ';wideness'; factor. Also, don't wear white.
http://360.yahoo.com/profile-51_fIoElcqH鈥?/a>





Lean in to eachother at an angle...check out this pic from a friends wedding I was in...I don't think we look that big...it all has to do w/ a flattering angle. lol





That was a pre-req. for my Wedding Photographer...my 1st question...can you find angles to not make me look HUGE! lol!
When I took my engagement pictures the photographer posed us and was very helpfull she even told us ifwe didnt like any she would take new one. One pose I did like was when I was sitting on a stool but its one of those stools that u can higher or lower. Well since I'm 5'7 and my future husband is 5'9 there wasn't much difference in height so she lowered it so I would look shorter then him and it cam out perfect . Here is my website link so you can get a better picture on thingsremind you he was standing and I was sitting.


http://www.myspace.com/itgl7





Bride to Be 9/6/08
just be honest with her tell her what happened with the last photographer and see if she can let you see the pics before you buy or put money down also try standing ina mirror and posing yourselves that should make it a lil easier to see what looks good for yall and give you some ideas to tell the photographer
I would try to not have it too posed. That's usually when the pictures turn out in a way you don't like them. I would try to have it as natural as possible. Maybe holding hands looking into each others eyes. Or facing each other with your arms around one another...





I hate taking pictures that are professionally done, because I always look like some sorta freak!





Good luck, I hope they turn out the way you want them.
Have a test run a friday
Most important, tell the photographer about your bad experience and your concern.


The photographer can't change reality, but they can make sure your photos flatter the both of you.


My sister %26amp; I did pics for our Mom for her 60th bday. Neither of us are small and there's a major height difference - I'm 5'3'; and she is 5'11';. We actually went to ';the picture people'; in a local mall and I was very pleased with the outcome. The poses they had us in were great.
it has nothing to do with your size, but the quality of your photographer
My husband is smaller than me so the best pics we took were when he was sitting and I was behind him (I have a huge chest so the covering was nice) with my arms around him (showing off the engagement ring of course). Like the previous answer, don't wear white. Don't wear black either, a darker color but you don't want to look morbid. I wore purple. If you are afraid the pics might not come out good because of the poses, go online and find poses that you like or ones where you think will be flattering to you both. Bring them with you and tell her, ';These are some poses I was thinking about.'; Good Luck, I hope these come out better for you.
mAybe the photographer can do some of you guys sitting, or our photographer did one where I was sitting and my financee was kneeling down behind me holding me hand. I kind of wish we kept that pose so I could show you.
Not sure if you saw my wedding page but we had two different stools we sat on. My stool was a little bit more higher and my fiancee's was a little lower so it looked like we were at the same level. We also did a few with one standing behind the other and the other was sitting. So try the stools that go up and down. Hope this helps.
just be happy hugging and kissing one another....i know a 'big' couple who got married and their pics came out beautiful cuz they werent worring about the pics, they we're just so in love and thats what made them so beautiful in the pics....by the way mazal tov, congrats

No comments:

Post a Comment